Alternative Sentencing CAlifornia
Alternative Dui Sentencing in CA
- Have you been arrested for DUI in Oakland?
- Are you worried about being sentenced to jail?
- Would going to jail jeopardize your job and your ability to provide for your family?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, an experienced Oakland DUI lawyer may be able to petition the courts for an alternative DUI sentence. Even if you are convicted of DUI, there are ways your attorney can minimize the penalties and consequences, so you can continue to work and enjoy your life.
When you are convicted of DUI, whether you are a first time offender or a repeat offender, the judge will ultimately decide your fate.
- In lieu of jail time, there are a number of alternative DUI sentences a judge can impose:
- Electronic Monitoring or House Arrest – Electronic devices keep track of your whereabouts and enforce curfews.
- Community Service – Some judges will allow you to swap hours of jail time with hours of community service instead.
- Weekend Detention – Allows individuals to work during the week and serve their jail time on the weekends. This can be helpful if you need to continue your job.
- Alcohol or Drug Rehabilitation – Rehabilitation may be necessary for alcoholics or those individuals who are addicted to drugs.
- Counseling – Counselors can help you get your life back on track and learn to avoid alcohol and other destructive behavior.
- Cal-Trans Roadside Clean-up – Clean up trash and debris on the side of the road.
- Sober Living Environments – Special housing/counseling services for DUI offenders.
- Participation in MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) Victim Impact Program
- Ignition Interlock Device Installation – Alcohol monitor attached to your vehicle that requires you to blow into a tube to start your car and every 5-15 minutes afterwards. This ensures that you do not drive drunk.
- Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor (SCRAM) – Attaches to a DUI offender's ankle and measures the amount of alcohol in their system.
- Work Furlough – DUI offenders are allowed to work during the day and check into a dormitory type of housing or private jail at night.
Being arrested for a DUI is a scary time but having an experienced and aggressive Oakland DUI attorney can make the entire process a whole lot easier.
At the Law Office of Nabiel C. Ahmed, we will always fight zealously to have the DUI charges against you dismissed all together. If you are convicted of a DUI offense, we can petition the courts for a hardship license and for alternative sentencing. From the moment you choose our law firm, we will fight to keep you out of jail.
Contact Our Oakland Dui Defense Team
Our DUI law firm serves clients in Oakland, San Francisco, Walnut Creek, and throughout the East Bay. Call the Oakland Law Office of Nabiel C. Ahmed today to set up a free review of your case at (510) 907-6600. If you are already detained, we are also available for phone consultations and jail interviews. You can also fill out a confidential contact form. We proudly help clients in Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond, Concord, and the surrounding areas!
We Don't Let Our Clients Down
"Better Than Expected Result"Mr. Ahmed did his thing to make sure I did not spend one day in jail! His ability to explain everything along the way really helped through this stressful episode.- Francisco C.
"I recommend Nabiel over the rest!"Mr Ahmed is a very knowledgeable attorney. He went above and beyond to help me with my case. He also gave me sound advice and went over my options.- Marshall
"Huge Help to Me and My Family"Nabiel was able to negotiate a great plea and avoid serious charges. This was especially important since we were looking at significant charges despite this being a first offense.- Alex G.
"Understands and Has Great Communication"He worked hard and diligently while going the extra mile. He was patient and caring during my ordeal and even followed up and checked on me afterwards.- Adarice