DUI Lawyer in Oakland, CA
Arrested for a Dui in Alameda County? Call (510) 907-6600
If you were arrested for DUI, then your life is about to get turned upside-down. There's only one way to fight to keep your life the way it is: call an Oakland DUI attorney. An experienced Oakland DUI lawyer can fight to dismiss your case, acquit you, minimize your penalties, and keep your license from getting suspended. An attorney may even be able to clear a DUI off of your arrest record. At the Law Office of Nabiel C. Ahmed, our Oakland DUI attorney is devoted to fighting for the rights of those who have been charged with driving under the influence.
We are the go-to firm for people in trouble. With thousands of resolved cases and dozens of jury trials under our belt, our Oakland DUI lawyer knows what it takes to build a strong defense with the highest likelihood of getting a client's DUI charges reduced or dismissed. With so much at stake, it is essential that you contact our firm as soon as possible after you have been charged with DUI. No matter what the situation entails or how complicated matters may seem, our firm has successfully handled thousands of criminal cases for our clients.
Discuss your case in a FREE consultation with our Oakland DUI attorney today by calling (510) 907-6600.
California Dui Matters We Handle
- Alternative DUI Sentencing
- DUI Enforcement
- DUI Arrest Mistakes
- DUI & Traffic Offenses
- DMV Hearings
- DUI 1st Offense
- DUI 2nd Offense
- DUI 3rd Offense
- DUI 4th Offense
- DUI Resulting in Bodily Injury
- Felony DUI
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Ignition Interlock Device
- Driver's License Revocation Periods
What Are the Oakland Dui Laws and Penalties?
Someone who drives under the influence of alcohol or some other substance is considered to be DUI. Despite being commonly associated with drunk driving, DWI (driving while intoxicated) also includes drug use.
DUI laws in Oakland fall into two categories under California law, although most drivers are charged under both:
- Under Vehicle Code 23152(a) VC, driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal.
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or more is prohibited by Vehicle Code 23152(b) VC.
- VC 23152(f) regulates impaired driving as a result of drug consumption.
In most cases, a first-time DUI offense is prosecuted as a misdemeanor, so jail time is not likely to be imposed. It may however be charged as a felony DUI if you injure someone or have had four or more previous DUIs.
4 Signs of Drunk Driving to Avoid Needing an Oakland Dui Lawyer
1. Lane straddling - The most common reason police officers pull over drivers on the suspicion of drunk driving is lane straddling. Drunk drivers think it's easier to follow one lane as opposed to keeping themselves in between two and should be ready to give their local Oakland DUI attorney a call because they're going to get pulled over.
2. Slurred speech and bloodshot eyes - When a police officer suspects that a driver has been drinking, they'll ask some questions to get the driver talking. They'll look for any indications of slurred or sloppy speech. They might also shine a flashlight into the driver's face looking for bloodshot eyes.
3. Eye Jerking - One of the most common field sobriety tests is when an officer asks the driver to follow watch their hand as it sways back and forth. What the officer is looking for is eye jerking when the eyeballs have reached maximum deviation.
4. Failing the walk-and-turn test - If an officer asks a driver to walk in a straight line heel-to-toe, then avoid the following ways of failing to avoid needing an Oakland DUI lawyer: Starting before the officer says so, not walking heel-to-toe, taking the wrong amount of steps, losing balance, and needing the balance oneself by maintaining their arms upright.
Your Oakland Dui Lawyer Keeping You Out of Jail No Matter What
We understand the fears that our clients are most likely experiencing after they have been arrested for DUI. Not knowing what the future holds or what the penalties may entail can be overwhelming and frustrating. Although this may be a trying time, you are not alone, and we want to provide the comfort you need to get through this situation.
Call us to speak with an understanding and compassionate Oakland DUI attorney who will listen to your case and put your interests first. We proudly help clients in Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond, Concord, and the surrounding areas!
- Commercial DUI in California
- Underage DUI in California
- Can You Get a DUI If You Are Not Driving?
- DUI Enhancements in CA for Excessive BAC Levels
- How to Get a Restricted License After a DUI in CA
Protect your license and driving record by calling your Oakland DUI attorney. Call (510) 907-6600 or contact us online. We also do jail visitations, free consultations, and our staff speaks Spanish.
We Don't Let Our Clients Down
"Better Than Expected Result"Mr. Ahmed did his thing to make sure I did not spend one day in jail! His ability to explain everything along the way really helped through this stressful episode.- Francisco C.
"Understands and Has Great Communication"He worked hard and diligently while going the extra mile. He was patient and caring during my ordeal and even followed up and checked on me afterwards.- Adarice
"I recommend Nabiel over the rest!"Mr Ahmed is a very knowledgeable attorney. He went above and beyond to help me with my case. He also gave me sound advice and went over my options.- Marshall
"Huge Help to Me and My Family"Nabiel was able to negotiate a great plea and avoid serious charges. This was especially important since we were looking at significant charges despite this being a first offense.- Alex G.